2021 Pre-College Academy Need-Based Scholarships
The University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School and Summer Discovery are proud to offer a limited number of program scholarships to qualified students based on need, academic merit, and interest in studying law. A set of scholarships will be specifically awarded to eligible students attending a School District of Philadelphia public or charter high school, and a second set of scholarships will be awarded to students attending a high school outside of the Philadelphia metropolitan area (but within the United States).
These scholarships cover all program fees, housing, meals while on campus, access to Penn’s fitness centers and other recreational facilities, and all activities and trips associated with the program. The scholarship does not cover expenses associated with travel to and from the Law School campus in Philadelphia.
Please find the application forms and instructions for submission below. The deadline to submit a scholarship application is March 6, 2021.
Please note that scholarship applicants do not need to complete and pay the fee associated with the separate Summer Discovery application process to be considered at this stage of the process. To be considered for a scholarship, only the three documents listed below (#1. A-C) are required. As a scholarship applicant, a time frame and more information for completing the Summer Discovery application process will be provided upon successful receipt of your scholarship application.
Scholarship Application Forms
Please complete the application form which best pertains to your candidacy.
- Scholarship Application - National Candidate (outside the Philadelphia metropolitan area)
- Scholarship Application - School District of Philadelphia Candidate
Scholarship Application Instructions for Submission
To submit an application, students should complete the following steps.
1. For an application to be considered, the three documents required are:
a. Penn Law Application Form (available above)
b. Teacher/Counselor Recommendation Form
c. High School Transcript
2. Return the completed Application Form provided above along with any additional pages used to answer the essay questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The teacher or counselor recommending the student should send their Recommendation Form directly to email@example.com
4. The student or counselor should send the high school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Once all application materials have been received, you will receive a confirmation e-mail regarding the successful receipt of your scholarship application.
The deadline to submit a scholarship application is March 6, 2021.
Questions about the scholarships, eligibility, or the application/submission process can be directed to email@example.com