Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to search Skip to section navigation

Frequently Asked Financial Support Questions

Please find below the Frequently Asked Financial Support Questions.  The Business Affairs team is available to answer any of your questions.

Q:  How can the Business Affairs team be contacted?
A:  You may contact the Business Affairs team in the Dean’s Suite (GK-101), via email at, or via telephone at 3-9595.

Q:  What support is available for users of the Concur reimbursement tool?
A:  Please visit our Concur Support resource page.

Q:  What is the Travel and Entertainment policy that Penn Law follows?
A:  Travel and Entertainment (select option 2350 from the drop down list)

Q:  What is the Procurement policy that Penn Law follows?
A:  What is the Procurement (select option 2300 from the drop down list)

Q:  How is payroll administered (Direct Deposit, ALine)?
A:   The University of Pennsylvania does not issue paper checks as a form of payment from payroll. In its place, you can either choose to have funds directly deposited into your US bank account, or the University will issue you an Aline Paycard that is loaded with your net pay on each payment date, and can be used where debit cards are accepted. The paycard will be issued to you automatically when your information is loaded into the payroll system.  If you wish to have direct deposit, you may link to the U@Penn site here, and click on “Enroll in or Update Direct Deposit” in the “My Pay” section of the page.

Support for both programs (direct deposit & Aline) are administered by the university and can be found at the following website (includes a FAQ).

Q:  I am paid hourly, how do I report my time worked?
A:  For work-study students, student workers, temporary employees, and weekly-paid research assistants, your hours must be reported weekly to the Business Affairs Office by 10:00 am on Monday morning (holiday weeks will have a modified schedule) for the previous week’s work.  Work-study time-sheets should be submitted to the office (Download a blank work-study time sheet), while the others can log in their time in the log sheet located in our office (GK-101).

Q:  Where can I find the list of approved caterers at Penn?
A:  Please visit the Approved Caterers page on the University’s Purchasing website.
Once you contact the caterer and make your menu selections, send the Business Affairs office the proposal, including cost, so a purchase order can be issued.  With a purchase order, you don’t need to worry about making any payments as Penn pays the vendor directly.

Q:  How do I obtain a PennCard?
A: The PennCard is the official University of Pennsylvania identification card for students, faculty, staff, and other members of the Penn community. The PennCard is also used for many activities including   building access, recreation and library services, and PennCash purchases.  If you are a FT faculty, student or staff member, you may obtain your PennCard by going to the Second Floor of Penn Bookstore

Q:  Where can I find information to obtain parking at Penn?
A:  For information regarding the University of Pennsylvania parking, please visit the departmental website, where you will find information regarding permit and daily rate parking.