MailChimp is an online service that allows you to design, send and track email newsletters.
Log in to MailChimp
- Let us know you are interested by contacting us at email@example.com.
- We can create a template for you, or use your existing newsletter template.
- We will work with you to import your email lists from a .csv file, or O365 Distribution Group (email alias).
- We can help you get new subscribers by adding a subscription form to your website.
ITS set up our template, now what?
- Go to mailchimp.com and log in.
- Click on the “Create Campaign” button and select “Regular Ol’ Campaign”
- Select the list that you want to send your newsletter to and click “Next Step: Setup”
- Type in your campaign information (campaign name, subject, from name, reply address, etc.), and select your tracking options.
- Click on the “My Templates” button and select your template.
- Enter your newsletter’s text into the template. Then click “Next Step: Plain Text”
- Verify the plain text content for recipients who can’t receive HTML emails. Then click the “Next Step: Confirm” button.
- Preview and test your campaign, check for errors, and make final changes. Click on “Send Now” if you’d like the email to go out immediately, or “Schedule Delivery” to have it go out at a later time.
IMPORTANT: Sending to Large Student Lists
To ensure that we have copies of all messages sent to large student groups (1Ls, 2Ls, 3Ls, LLMs) in our student archive mailboxes, we’re asking that all MailChimp emails sent to these large groups include the appropriate student archive email address(es) as subscribers. Note: synced mailing lists in MailChimp should automatically include the appropriate student archive email address but we have seen instances where they were removed – so please check before sending. If you are not using a synced mailing list, you would need to manually include the archive email address in your MailChimp subscriber list. By including the archive address, the message will be automatically included in the student mailing list archive.
JD ’23: firstname.lastname@example.org
JD ’22: email@example.com
JD ’21: firstname.lastname@example.org
LLM ’21: email@example.com
Visit MailChimp Resources for their complete collection of guides.