Student Printers: Scanning & Copying
All Penn Law student printers are equipped with both a flatbed scanner and automatic document feeder (ADF). The source can be a book placed on the glass or a stack of papers.
- Insert document into feeder (face-up) or place face-down on scanner.
- Touch Copy on the printer’s control panel.
- Change the settings according to your needs (staples, 1-sided or 2-sided, etc.).
- If you want to cancel the copy, press the home icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Touch Copy at the top of the screen to execute the copy.
You can send scanned documents directly to your email from the printer. You can even perform OCR processing on your scan, so that it is translated into a searchable PDF.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the Email button.
- Insert your document into the feeder or place on the scanner.
- Press the white box below the To field and type in email address.
- LawKey usernames will automatically complete with closest match. Keep typing until you have a match or you’ve completed the email address.
- Multiple recipients should be separated by a semicolon.
- Do the same to modify whom is CC‘d and BCC‘d on the email, the subject of the email, filename of the file, and the actual text contents of the email.
- If you want to look at the scanned in file before you send it, select Preview in the upper right corner.
- Touch Send E-mail at the top of the screen to send the email.