5 Home Ergonomics Tips
Making sure you have the right home workspace setup can improve your health, productivity, and comfort while you’re away from campus.
Here are five quick tips to make working from home more comfortable.
- 20-20-20 Rule. To prevent eye strain try looking 20 feet away from your screen every 20 minutes for 20 seconds.
- Adjust monitor height. Avoid twisting or craning your neck while working. Set your screen at about eye level with an adjustable stand, laptop stand, or a stack of books.
- Get the seating right. Choose a comfortable chair with full back support. Don’t sit on a stool or couch. Use an additional seat cushion for extra comfort or height.
- Change position often. You shouldn’t sit for more than 2 hours at a time. Stand for phone calls, breaks, and other non-computer tasks.
- The right environment. Manage external distractions by decluttering your workspace. Noise cancelling headphones or soft ambient sound in the background can help keep you focused.
For more home office ergonomics download the full guide provided by Penn EHRS.