News & Events
June 10, 2021Penn Law & Free Migration Project report reveals ongoing unreported violations of patient rights with medical deportationsThe authors of the report include Toll Public Interest Fellow Erica V. Rodarte Costa L’22, Jacqueline Monnat L’21, and Free Migration Project’s Executive Director David Bennion and Program Coordinator Adrianna Torres-García.
May 18, 2021Prof. Allison Hoffman offers innovative health care system solution: a public option for employer health care plansProf. Hoffman presented her paper “A Public Option for Health Care Plans” at “The Promise of Health Reform and a Public Option in a Biden Administration” virtual conference organized by the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics and United States of Care.
May 17, 2021New report by University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School and Reinvestment Fund researchers advocate using fair housing law to promote racial and economic integration
Provost Wendell E. Pritchett GR’97, Erica V. Rodarte Costa L’22 and Reinvestment Fund’s Ira J. Goldstein and Emily S. Dowdall GCP’09, emphasize that the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) provision of the Fair Housing Act (FHA) is an obligation that attaches to all federal agencies.
May 11, 2021Girmay Zahilay L’14, Aaron Jordan L’16, Max Weiss C’11 L’16 are three recent Law School graduates committed to public service.
May 10, 2021Law School partners with U.S. Army War College to hold International Strategic Crisis Negotiation ExerciseThe ISCNE is designed to engage and educate law students in the process of crisis negotiation at the highest strategic level.
See more #government news & media from Penn Law.
Recent government testimony
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testifies before the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management hearing on “Reviewing Independent Agency Rulemaking” (Sep. 8, 2016)
- Prof. Louis Rulli testifies on civil forfeiture in Pennsylvania (Oct. 21, 2015)
- Prof. David Skeel testifies at hearing entitled, “The Dodd-Frank Act Five Years Later: Are We More Free?” (Sept. 17, 2015)
- Prof. Christopher Yoo testifies on the Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger (Apr. 9, 2014)
- Prof. Cary Coglianese testimony before Senate on auto safety regulation (Nov. 7, 2013)
- Penn Law students’ testimony before Inter-American Commission on Human Rights on guest worker abuses (Mar. 6, 2013)
Recordings of past events
- “The Cannabis Conundrum: An Experiment in Federalism or States’ Rights Run Amuck?” (Panel Moderated by Nancy Nord, Distinguished Policy Fellow, Penn Law)
- “Pursuing regulatory excellence: Brexit, Trump, and beyond” (Prof. Cary Coglianese at Brookings)
- PI Podcast: Steven Croley offers insights on the future of energy regulation
- “Getting Things Done: America’s Yearning for a New Way of Governing” (At the National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Drone Wars: The Future of Targeted Killings & Presidential Power” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are Superpowers Above the Law? The U.S., China, and the Future of the International Legal Order” (At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)
- “Are the branches of government broken?”(At National Press Club, Washington, D.C.)