Food Trucks of West Philadelphia
Hi Class of 2021 Admits!
My name is Nicole Pennycooke, and I am currently a 3L here at Penn Law. I’m sure many of you are aware that Philly is known for its great food, but did you know that the city’s great food also includes food trucks? Food trucks are a great way to break up the monotonous chain food options and get some pretty authentic cuisine. Below I’ve listed out some of my favorite affordable lunch spots near the Law School.
1. Magic Carpet, 34th and Walnut: Offering vegan and vegetarian Mediterranean fanfare.
2. Dos Hermanos, 34th and Market: Serving up tacos and quesadillas galore.
3. New York Halal, 33rd and Market: You guessed it: the classic chicken, lamb, or falafel over rice.
4. MexiCali, 38th and Walnut: Who can resist a five-dollar burrito?
5. Sangkee Noodle House, 36th and Chestnut: Okay, so this one isn’t a truck but they do have a great “lunchbox” special, and the service is super-fast so I wanted to add it to the list in case you were ever in the mood for a sit-down lunch.
Finding just one thing to love about Penn Law is hard, but getting a satisfying and affordable meal in the middle of the school day doesn’t have to be!